Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Legends.

Tony Crino and John Dam are two of the nicest guys you will ever meet in the Melbourne cycling scene.

Out on the boulie yesterday I snapped a derailleur cable and on the recommendation of C-Mckenzie I went and checked out Crino Cycles in Carlton. Tony jumped straight over and helped me out, started fiddling around and got the frayed bits of cable out of the lever and housing. Thank god! That would have taken me hours! After whacking in a new cable Tony was talking about bringing my back so he can check over it completely, all the while I had a good chat with John about old bike racing stories. Great! I even got offered a coffee but I had to politely decline, aiming to keep the shot count at 4 for the day.

So if you live in the general vicinity I say get over and check this place out. You'll get great service from two guys who seem to go above and beyond the call of duty.

On a side note what an awesome day it was at Kinglake today, cyclists everywhere, even passed a recumbent going up Wild Dog.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jono, yeah it was a good day out. Nice to see you going the other way.... How good are those Garmin downloads!! Dorman put our link on Facebook today, sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am borrowing one for my ride today!
    Must resist urge to spend money..argh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah met that John Dam on the road a few months ago - loved the fact that i was a kiwi and was having a good yarn all the way to mordy about the ex kiwi riders - good dude

    ReplyDelete