Monday, February 1, 2010

Ok, I probably shouldn't post these photos, but...

So if you haven't stolen someone's copy of Ride yet, you should. Have a peek in the 'Snippets' section and you'll have to squint to catch my glorious 15 micro-seconds of fame from my hospital bed in China. Mark Gunter, one of the photographers following the race, was first on the scene of the crash and got some very up close and personal snaps. He came and visited me in hospital the next day to say G'day and take a few pics. Top bloke and a top photographer. 

Later on back in Aus I got my hands on some of the photos he took, however, I was trying not to dwell too much on all things crash related so I never really looked them over.

Only this evening did I remember them annd think, yeh it's time, let's have a squizz.

Well I had one squizz, followed  by another, followed by the thought that I MUST post these photos; they are insane! Revolting on one hand, but fascitnating on the other. Frankly, I can't believe I did a 3 hour ride and a gym session yesterday. Out of all the rocky ditch crashes going round, I reckon I came off pretty lightly!

OK, now seriously, these photos are pretty rough, so you've been warned.
 
Hold me up

 You call that a rock?

 My everything hurts


 Drool is excused under certain circumstances

 Talk about skin-folds!

The rest are sitting at the start of my photostream, right here

Bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you are hiding boiled lollies in your shin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! Gee you are "lucky" Jono

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jono,

    Damn, I thought that the first time I saw these photos several weeks ago would prepare me for a second look. I was wrong. Glad that you continue to mend. : )

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH. But it is great to talk about road rash, isn't it..

    ReplyDelete