Saturday, September 5, 2009

On the Road Again

Well,

The two weeks of ergo training turned out to be just one week. Thank god.

I am back on the road and loving every minute of it. Had a nice ride today, mostly solo to Frankston with a little stretch at 58kph (!!) when the tailwind driven hell ride passed me at Carrum, the bunch was looking big and messy, it's going to be hectic come summer time. The ride back, for me, was not so quick..but the battle against the wind was worth it as Dan B, Diesel Dylan, Steve Robb and yours truly chilled out in the sun at Threshers talking shit. The coffee shop is universally agreed upon as the most integral part to any serious cyclists regime, but it's just not the same when you are injured and hobble your way down to the coffee shop, something about the combination of a bit of fatigue and the joy of stewing in your own stench (much to the malign of those around you hey Wendy!) that really uplifts the whole experience. Just to top it all of I am getting pretty darn excited at the thought of heading out towards Kinglake tomorrow, so very happy now!

Now I battle the clock and my lack of fitness to get some sort of form up and running before the next block of racing.

Wish me luck, I'll need it!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment